Become a Friend of Madeline Island Museum!
As a Friend, you are entitled to a 10 percent discount on all purchases from our museum store and special invitations to summer events.
Join the Friends of Madeline Island Museum by making a contribution to the Friends of Madeline Island Museum Fund for Research, Interpretation and Education. Contributions in excess of $75 are fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Your tax-deductible contribution to the Friends of Madeline Island Museum allows us to conduct research on our collections and the history of Madeline Island, the Apostle Islands and Lake Superior. Using our research findings, we are able to plan and present a wide variety of public programming celebrating the island's rich history.
Make a Contribution
Download a printable contribution form (PDF, 151 KB) and send in your contribution today! For more information or questions about contributing to Friends of Madeline Island Museum, contact site director Keldi Merton at 715-747-2415.
Donate an Item or Artifact
To donate an artifact to the Madeline Island Museum, contact us at 715-747-2415. The Madeline Island Museum is always looking for objects, photographs, works of art, and documents illustrating the fur trade (1690-1850), Ojibwe heritage, the Lake Superior regional trades (logging, boat building, coopering, lighthouses, carpentry), 19th century regional immigrant history and history of island tourism (1890-1950).
- $100 to $299 – Milieux (the middle paddler, keeps the canoe moving)
- $300 to $499 – Gouvernail (steers the canoe, keeps it on course)
- $500 to $749 – Avant de Canot (the big paddle, up front)
- $750 to $999 – Voyageur (the seasonal trader, the canoe manager)
- $1,000 to $1,999 – Hivernant (the year ‘round trader, minds the post)
- $2,000 or more – Bourgeois (the proprietor, makes everything happen)